We provide swim instruction to our community that builds confidence and develops safety skills in a student-centered environment. We are committed to training our staff to be safe around the water, giving them the tools they need to be successful. This is a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
Why Choose Swim?
- You get to impact the lives of kids and families
- It's a fun, creative and friendly environment
- Every day is different with new opportunities to make a difference
As a deck watcher you are responsible for the safety of everyone in and around the pool. You must remain alert throughout your entire shift, monitoring pool activities to enforce all safety guidelines. You will need a pre-employment physical and skills test. You should be someone who is a rule follower with knowledge of rescue procedures and emergency medical procedures. As a deck watcher you will report to the Deck Supervisor or Site Supervisor during shifts and provide support throughout the pool deck as needed.
We have a fun and rewarding work environment with a great atmosphere for someone who loves safety and being around water. We offer paid training. Starting wage is negotiable with prior experience. This is a part-time position that may require afternoon/evening and weekend shifts.
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Love and respect students, staff and families.
- Be a team player who is consistently dependable and reliable.
- Follow and enforce all of our safety guidelines.
- Smile and present yourself in an alert and professional manner during your entire shift.
- Caring and compassion for children and adults
- Ability to stay focused in a warm, humid, sometimes noisy environment for periods of up to 5 hours
- Strong communication skills
- Great attitude and willingness to be coached
- The ability to respond quickly and calmly to all emergency situations in and around the water
- Fun team atmosphere
- Competitive pay ($9-$11/hr)
- Employee discounts/swim lessons
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Member schools are independently owned and operated. Your application will go directly to the member school, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this school. All inquiries about employment at these schools should be made directly to the school location, and not to US Swim School Association.