We provide swim instruction to our community that builds confidence and develops safety skills in a student-centered environment. We are committed to training our staff to teach swim lessons, giving them the tools they need to be successful. This is a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
Why Choose Swim?
- You get to work with kids, teaching a life skill that could be life saving
- It's a fun, creative, flip flop friendly environment
- Every day is different with new chances to make a difference
As a swim instructor you are responsible for the safety of each class and teaching swim skills to students using our curriculum. You will work to build water confidence within your students, encouraging each student to rise to the best of their abilities. You can expect to be regularly communicating with students and fellow staff members. You should be someone who welcomes feedback and is a continuous learner. As a swim instructor you will report to the Deck Supervisor or Site Supervisor during shifts and provide support throughout the pool deck as needed.
We have a fun and rewarding work environment with a great atmosphere for someone who loves teaching and being around water. We offer paid training. Starting wage is negotiable with prior experience. This is a part-time position that requires afternoon/evening and weekend shifts.
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Love and respect students while teaching them to swim.
- Be a team player who is who is consistently dependable and reliable.
- Complete required training and be a continual learner.
- Follow our curriculum with a focus on the needs, abilities and comfort of each student.
- Smile and have fun during your entire shift.
- Caring and compassion for children and adults
- Ability to work in the water for periods of up to 5 hours
- Strong communication skills
- Great attitude and willingness to be coached
- The ability to focus in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to commit to at least 1 year of employment, afternoons and weekends required
- Fun team atmosphere
- Competitive pay ($11-$13/hr)
- Employee discounts/swim lessons
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
Member schools are independently owned and operated. Your application will go directly to the member school, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this school. All inquiries about employment at these schools should be made directly to the school location, and not to US Swim School Association.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)